The EFACC 2024 Conference will include poster presentations by allergists/immunologists and fellows-in-training, that will also feature a scientific program with interactive, problem-based learning and didactic lectures. We urge you to participate by submitting your clinical research findings for consideration by our Poster Review Committee. In preparing your abstract organize it into: a statement of purpose; statement of methods; and summary of results in sufficient detail to support the conclusion reached.
Once your abstract is accepted for the conference, you will be assigned a poster location to present your findings. Abstracts will will have the option to be published in the Journal of Food Allergy
Fellows-in-training: Abstract Submission fee is waived for presenting an abstract and/or attending.
Due Date for Abstract Submissions: December 4, 2023
Submit all printed abstracts to: GinnyLoiselle@easternfoodallergyconference.org
Poster size for display: 4 feet high by 6 feet long
· The abstract must adequately describe the objectives, methods, results, and conclusions so that the Abstract Committee may evaluate the quality of the work and proposed presentation.
· The abstract title should fully reflect the content of the abstract body.
· A structured abstract format is preferable; that is, all abstracts should contain these sections: Introduction (background information and purpose of the project/study), Methods (study design, techniques), Results (summary of data), and Conclusions.
· Illustrations and tables are not permitted.
· Supplementary data are not accepted under any circumstances.
· Abbreviations may be used in the abstract if such abbreviations are defined at their first mention.
· The abstract length is limited to 300 words.
· Abstracts must be submitted in a word .DOC format
· Authors are to be listed by First name, Last name, Highest degree. Affiliations are not necessary.
· Authors are encouraged, but not required to submit for peer review and publication, any subsequent full-length manuscripts which derive from the submitted abstract to the Journal of Food Allergy (JFA). Corresponding authors may contact the Managing Editor, Susan Colucci, at firstname.lastname@example.org for full author instructions.
· Each abstract submission must specify a corresponding author, to whom all correspondence about the abstract will be directed.
· Abstracts are submitted for poster presentation.
· The presenter of each accepted abstract must register for the scientific meeting in the standard fashion see www.EasternFoodAllergyConference.org
· Wherever possible, noncommercial (generic) names must be used in all abstracts and posters. The Editorial staff may request a revised submission of the abstract to enforce compliance with this ACCME requirement.
· All authors must agree to disclose all non-FDA approved use of FDA approved drugs during the abstract submission process as well as in the actual presentation (oral or poster).
· The authors must accept sole responsibility for the statements in their submitted abstract.
**please see below submission form
* All abstracts will be posted online at the EFACC website at the conclusion of the conference.